- Category: Uncategorised
- Published on Monday, 14 March 2011 20:35
- Written by Jonathan Robidas (GDW)
- Hits: 1235
Board of Directors 2012-2013
Louise L'Africain, chair
Joanne Turgeon, treasurer
Hélène L. Pérusse, assistant-secretary
Daniel Jean, Board member
What is the Association de la Neurofibromatose du Québec?
This non-profit association was founded in March 1989 to help people with neurofibromatosis and their families and informed any person who might be interested in this genetic disorder.
The Association has the following objectives:
- Bring together affected individuals and their families to provide them with moral support and help them maintain and improve their quality of life.
- Promote medical research in order to improve the screening, treatment and care, as well as find a cure, for this genetic disorder, and raise awareness among the medical profession about the needs of affected individuals and their families.
- Seek, translate, print, publish and distribute relevant documentation, produce a newsletter, L'Entraide NF, and disseminate any appropriate information related to neurofibromatosis through various means, including a Web site.
- Organize information, training and exchange activities, conferences and lectures, and support the regional association of members and mutual assistance.
- Promote research
If you would like more information or want to attend our meetings, become a member or support our efforts through donations, please do not hesitate to contact us.